At Ubuntu Travel, we want our guests to travel with purpose, which is why we have teamed up with andBeyond Phinda Game Reserve to offer guests the opportunity to participate in once in a lifetime conservation experience with rhinos in South Africa. Led by Ubuntu Travel Founder, Kyle Green, and safari expert & conservation activist, Larry Green, alongside world-renowned conservation-focused veterinary teams, guests will gain exclusive access to assist first-hand in the monitoring & tracking procedures for these spectacular and highly endangered animals.
There is only ONE ROOM remaining for this trip, which starts on March 12th, concluding on March 19th, 2020. To inquire about joining us on this once in a lifetime journey, please reach us by calling 949.877.0385 or send us an email [email protected]
Rhino Conservation Details:
- Dates: March 12th – 19th, 2020
- 1 room / double occupancy (minimum age 15)
- Incredible access to participate in the capture of a rhino for research and conservation purposes
- Touch and take photos with the anesthetized animal during the procedure
- Assist the veterinary team in either microchipping the Rhino’s horn or in a dehorning exercise; this is to protect the animal from poaching
Upon arrival in South Africa, guests will get settled in Johannesburg, staying at The Peech Hotel. On day 2, guests will fly to the andBeyond Phinda Game Reserve in South Africa; for the remainder of the trip, guests will stay at andBeyond Phinda Zuka Lodge, a 5 star, fully inclusive property. This trip includes all inter-Africa flights, transfers and VIP airport meet & greet services.
Included andBeyond Phinda Activities:
- Rhino Dehorning or Notching Exercise
- Traditional Safari Game Drives
- Guide & Tracker Training Program
- Bird Ringing (Tag and Release Exercises)
- Sleep out Under the Stars
- Specialist Walking Safari
- Craft Gin/Beer Tasting and Food Pairing
- Community Immersion at Nkomo Primary School
Conservation efforts such as these feed seamlessly into Ubuntu Travel’s mantra to not only care for each other, but for the planet as a whole. Inspired by the true meaning of the word Ubuntu, “I am because we are”, Ubuntu Travel is committed to partnering with organizations throughout Africa in order to help maintain the delicate balance between local communities, wildlife, and natural resources.
To inquire about joining us on this amazing journey, or to learn more about how you can make a positive impact on wildlife conservation, please reach us by calling 949.877.0385 or send email us at [email protected]
Start Planning Your Dream Trip
Reach out and let’s start talking. We’ll listen and begin to tailor an experiential, private, luxury vacation based on exactly how you want to experience Africa. From adventure to relaxation—and everything in between—let us handle every detail of your unforgettable journey.