Walking with Mountain Gorillas
An 8-day Conservation Safari Through Rwanda
Starting from $12,600 per person
A Gorilla Trekking and Safari Experience
The Ubuntu Travel Difference
Attention to detail from start to finish
Travel with a purpose
Experts in Africa
Our team of travel experts know Africa
- Cultural and Historical experience at the Kigali Genocide Memorial
- Up-close Mountain Gorilla trekking with a seasoned guide
- Unique eco-village tour with a AWF representative
- Be a part of the reforestation project by planting your own trees
- Wildlife encounters in Volcanoes National Park with golden monkeys
- Exclusive access to the African Parks Ranger’s Headquarters at Akagera
- A day monitoring key species with the Akagera Conservation Team
- Cruise Lake Rwanyakazinga searching for the big-five
- 1 gorilla trekking permit (valued at $1500 per person)
- 1 golden monkey trekking permit (valued at $100 per person)
- All tours and activities as specified by the itinerary
- All ground transfers with private driver & guide
- All accommodations (fully inclusive in Volcanoes National Park)
- Experienced trackers and guides while primate trekking
- Full support from the Ubuntu Travel team, during and after your trip
- Expert safari guiding throughout your trip
What will you experience?
The capital city of Rwanda, Kigali is the beginning of your epic journey into Rwanda’s vast mountain ranges. Here you will enjoy a quick stopover with enough time to replenish and refresh, all the while making the most of your stay.
Rwanda is a country with a turbulent past, and to fully appreciate where the country and its people are today, one needs to understand its history. A visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial is a must for any traveler to the capital. It is an in-depth and emotional journey, but also an inspiration that peace can be achieved no matter how dark the beginning is.
Akagera National Park
Akagera National Park is a miraculous story of revitalisation and is now home to a variety of animals, including the big five. In 2015, lions were reintroduced from South Africa. With rhino being introduced in 2017 and again in 2021.
Your stay is at the luxurious Magashi Camp, over looking Lake Rwanyakazinga. Go on game drive and explore diverse habitats for the elusive leopard, or cruise on the lake for a unique perspective.
For the more curious, join the African Parks ranger team to learn more about how they monitor and collect data to protect this unique ecosystem. And spend a day with the conservation team as they move around the park monitoring key animal species.
Volcanoes National Park
Located in the northwest of Rwanda, Volcanoes National Park protects not just the mountain gorillas who inhabit these rugged landscapes, but also the magnificent mountain ranges.
The wildlife encounter with the mountain gorillas is undoubtedly life-changing. We understand the urge to document this experience with photos and yes instagram videos. But PLEASE take your time to absorb the experience, this hour long encounter will humble and change you forever.
After your gorilla trek, Bisate Lodge offers an array of adventure activities like:
a golden monkey trek; hike to Diane Fossey’s grave; a unique tour of the newly developed eco-villages; nursery visit and tree planting
Plan a Trip
Reach out and let’s start talking. We’ll listen and begin to tailor an experiential, private, luxury vacation based on exactly how you want to experience Africa. From adventure to relaxation—and everything in between—let us hand
Gorilla Trekking Experience
Volcanoes National Park | Rwanda
Gorilla trekking in the Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda. Enjoy a brief and intimate moment between a gorilla mother and her youngster feeding. Watch how the youngster tries to imitate the adult…